The Restart Network launch UK Repair & Reuse Declaration
The Restart Network are asking UK legislators and decision-makers at all levels to support repair and reuse to thrive.
- Making repair more affordable, through tax reductions and repair vouchers.
- Expanding the UK’s right to repair regulations to cover all consumer products, strengthen design standards and remove barriers to repair for everyone.
- Introducing a repair index to help the public choose more repairable and durable products.
- Introducing requirements and targets for reuse and repair to be prioritised over recycling and providing investment to make this a reality. This should be a key part of amended extended producer responsibility rules.
- Supporting a new generation of repairers through repair training, accreditation and apprenticeships.
You can read more about the declaration here: